Go to CEC and pay visa fees

NOTE: This step is for NON-EU students only!

Go to the Casa De Economii y Concemnatiuni (CEC) to pay various fees for your temporary residence permit. These fees are paid annually and are less for for students from European Union countries. These fees must be paid and all receipts kept safely as they are required for the file you will submit to the foreign affairs department for your residence permit. Yes, bureaucracy can be a challenge, we know!  

What will you require before going to CEC

  • Current day exchange 0f 60 US$ into Romanian Lei with receipt for the exchange.
  • Postal Tax (taxa extrajudiciara)
  • Medical Insurance
  • Copy of passport

CEC BANK Branches:

A) Address: Bulevardul 1 Decembrie 1918, Nr. 1, Targu Mures, Judetul Mures Telephone: (0265) 269 270
B) Address: Strada Decebal, Nr. 40, Targu Mures, Judetul Mures Telephone: (0265) 313 826
C) Address: Blevardul 1848, Nr. 23, Targu Mures, Judetul Mures Telephone: (0265) 251 868
D) Address: Piata Trandafirilor, Nr. 42, Targu Mures, Judetul Mures  


  • 60 US$ – CEC wants you to pay Romanian RON to the value of 60US$. You must change any foreign currency to US$ and then use the US$ to buy RON, keeping the receipt safe. When paying the fee at CEC you will be required to provide the receipt to show the exchange was done on the same day at the current US$ to RON trading rate.
  • 1 RON – can be payed at any postal office and the receipt kept safe – In Romanian it is called “taxa extrajudiciara”.
  • 26yrs and older – Medical insurance. This can be purchased at national insurance company: CAS – Casa de Asigurari de Sanatate.
    Casa de Asigurari de Sanatate
    Opening Hourse: Monday to Friday 08:00 – 15:00
  • 394.25 RON – Cost of residential permit. Paid at the CEC.
  • 3 RON – Tax for application form. Paid at CEC


* CEC is pronounced Check

* Keep all receipts!